Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

URGENT cannot load profile not enough space on disk

• Please log in to reply

Leehaa

Leehaa

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Please help.

Just installed drivers onto colleagues laptop for microphone. It now says cannot load profile not enough space on disk!

:whistling:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OS? This used to occur on windows 2000 when the user profile was improperly formed. The solution was to make sure the EVERYONE permission to the c:\winnt folder was applied, and this was accomplished by booting into the administrator account

I have not seen it occur in windows xp....is there enough space?

Leehaa

Leehaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello - yes it is Windows 2000... Would it be because of the drivers I installed? I was able to login as administrator directly after I installed them and all appeared ok...

Leehaa

Leehaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

OS? This used to occur on windows 2000 when the user profile was improperly formed. The solution was to make sure the EVERYONE permission to the c:\winnt folder was applied, and this was accomplished by booting into the administrator account

I have not seen it occur in windows xp....is there enough space?

Hello,

All sorted. Apparently it was a coincidence! My manager disabled the roaming profile on the server and then my colleague was able to login fine...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ahh, okey doke...hate those coincidences....I was going to say check the permissions, but you are squared away, so thanks for filling us in.

Leehaa

Leehaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

ahh, okey doke...hate those coincidences....I was going to say check the permissions, but you are squared away, so thanks for filling us in.

No worries. I hate it too - especially when what happens isn't your fault because people still associate you with the mistake!

ps,

My colleague is into martial arts too :blink: so even scarier if something goes wrong :whistling: lol!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
just tell him his kung foo is weak and that your tech kung foo is powerful--if he gives you any trouble he will never see his MP3s again

Leehaa

Leehaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

just tell him his kung foo is weak and that your tech kung foo is powerful--if he gives you any trouble he will never see his MP3s again

Heh!

Hey, what makes you think it's a he? :whistling:

I will tell HER that! :blink:

Thanks for you help!

Leah.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
thought you wrote "....now he cannot load" earlier.

There was no intended slight to female gender...I am an equal opportunity "get my butt kicked by anyone who knows kung fu" kind of person

Leehaa

Leehaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

thought you wrote "....now he cannot load" earlier.

There was no intended slight to female gender...I am an equal opportunity "get my butt kicked by anyone who knows kung fu" kind of person

No worries. Just kiddin ya!