Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I create interactive sidebar menu's?

• Please log in to reply

geezer13

geezer13

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've only started web design within the last 8 months, and only know what I read around the web about it.

What I'm looking to learn now is.. Sidebar navigation such as that at GSM Server

I don't mean I want to copy them, I simply want something like they actually used to have.. not quite as fancy as what they have now.

My site is HERE and if you look at what I currently have, its a bit of a mess. Also, it goes far too long down the pages. I need only like 5 catagories such as Site map, Unlocking, accessories, and so on. Then when they click that catagory, it drops down into sub catagories.

Im not the best person at explaining things but I hope you understand what Im asking here.

Any help at all will be greatly apreciated as I don't have a clue where to start.

:whistling:

Advertisements

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
good news..there menu was done in dhtml so you dont need to spend 500$ on flash.
dhtml i dont personally know but do a google search when i did webpage design i used dhtml menus all the time

geezer13

geezer13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

good news..there menu was done in dhtml so you dont need to spend 500$ on flash.
dhtml i dont personally know but do a google search when i did webpage design i used dhtml menus all the time

So I'm right in thinking that this would be ok to put together with my HTML webpages already made? :whistling:

Hope so :blink:

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
javascriptkit.com has some good dhtml tutorials, and menu tutorials, check them out!

geezer13

geezer13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

javascriptkit.com has some good dhtml tutorials, and menu tutorials, check them out!

OK thanks guys, I will do :whistling: