Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Csrss.lnk

• Please log in to reply

Mephisten

Mephisten

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yesterday I downloaded a program asking me about my profile, being the curious person that I am I download it after checking it with my anti virus software and coming up clean. Then I got the virus, I assumed this since it spread to the people on my friends list. After a day and a night of frustration and tension I did my best to get rid of it. I took off a ton of files that were starting at my start up, unfortunately I don't have a log of those, just back ups. However I believe that they are gone since they dont run at start up anymore and I can't find them if I search for them.

The only thing that still worrries me is the fact that I can't get rid of my csrss.lnk at start up, however I don't believe that it is doing anything. I can access antir virus sites like mcaffee. I have downloaded a version of mcaffee and it runs just fine and so does my hijack this. So I am wondering if this virus is even doing anything anymore and if it is just hanging out since I deleted the rest of the files. Also one more thing that worries me was something called a jusched.exe. I can't delete it but, I renamed the original one and created a new blank .exe and make that one the regular name so I think it just runs the blank one if it does run anything at all. Please help me on this if there is anything more I need to worry about.

Thank you for your time :whistling:.

Edit: Here is my log with the latest hijack this

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:05:34 PM, on 7/6/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera7\opera.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
D:\Download\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - {E5A1691B-D188-4419-AD02-90002030B8EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashFXP\IEFlash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe"
O4 - Startup: csrss.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by22fd.bay22....es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab30149.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Steganos Live Encryption Engine (Version 503) [Service] (SLEE_503_SERVICE) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\SLEE503.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: MS Software Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\svchost.exe (file missing)

Edited by Mephisten, 06 July 2006 - 02:06 PM.

Advertisements

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
1) Boot into safe Mode.
Instructions can be found here.

2) Run HJT and click on Open the Misc Tools section.
In the next window, under StartupList (integrated: v1.52), check the two boxes to the left of:
"List also minor sections (full)" and "List empty sections (complete)".
Click on Generate StartupList log and OK in the confirmation window.
When the scan has completed a Notepad window entitled "startuplist.txt" will open. When you close it, it will be saved into the HJT folder. Please post this into your next reply.

3) Run HJT and click on Open the Misc Tools section.
In the next window, click on Open Uninstall Manager...
In the final window, click on Save list... and save it to your Desktop.
Copy and paste this file: uninstall_list.txt into your next reply.

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
Double post. :whistling:

Edited by Noviciate, 07 July 2006 - 01:38 PM.

Mephisten

Mephisten

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for taking the time to help me Noviciate :whistling:.

Right now I am running a ridiculously deep scan of my computer with an mit version of mcafee. Once that scan is done, hopefully soon ~_~, I will go through your instruction!

However I might as well post what my virus scanner did pick up a trojan called csrss.exe and it quarantined it. However when I went to my quarentine folder it wasn't there but my log did say that it was moved

C:\WINDOWS\system32\zqmxubis\csrss.exe => csrss.exe.Vir

Once again thank you for your help, and I will get right on it when this virus scan is done ^_^.