Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc has got so ill

• Please log in to reply

neilo peelio

neilo peelio

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
right, i dont know much about how pc`s work so thank you very much for any help any of you may give. So comp has been good as gold for ages. However the other day it seemed to crash when loading up, it was stuck on the red winfast screen. I rebooted and it loaded up fine. I use XP. How ever i now have a really annoying toolbar on my internet explorer and my documents. It has from left an remove toolbar option which does jack but direct me to random crap search engine sites. Then alittle search space, then 6 menu options which dont do anything, i hope this rings a bell, i dont really know how it got where it is, i have ran adware and i cant find anything on the remove software option. Also internet explorer takes very long to load as does my documents. My comp wants to crash when linking from sites to sites. Songs skip etc etc. Its never gone ill before. Please help me. I need my system for work (photoshop) but the crashes are making it a nightmare.
thanks
meil

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi neilo peelio...

It sounds like your machine has been infected with malware.

Let's let the malware experts deal with this one.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions you'll find there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Do Not reply to or "bump" your own topic...if it shows a reply, it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1