Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Failure

• Please log in to reply

reynell

reynell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, wondering if anyone can help. I have a PC running XP (not this one) that has stopped being able to connect to the internet (not the connection I'm using now). The broadband modem shows that it is connected, and the little icon in the right hand corner of the screen says likewise, connected but the browser comes up saying that the page cannot be found, no matter what web address is entered. Also, the XP firewall cannot be switched on. Running a virus check, it found the following files were infected:

AO165219.dll
AO165786.dll
NONuninstall7_22.exe
QUICKSEARCHBAR3.28.dll
SHAgentNew.dll

Despite cleaning or deleting the files, the internet connection still doesn't work. I had Avast and it came up with pop-ups saying that the computer was under attack. I have now installed McAfee, including a firewall. It shows as their being no viruses but I still cannot get the internet browser to work. System restore doesn't work either.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements