Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

speaker problems

• Please log in to reply

Anurag90

Anurag90

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey everybody. i have a question. my speakers aren't working and everytime i click on volume control a dialog box opens that says 'There are no active mixer devices available'. ive tried using the troubleshoot screen but that was no help. ive checked all my connections and they are fine. i had bought a new speaker system 6 months ago and it was working fine till today. it also doesn't detect my speakers now. What should I do?

Anurag

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
It is possible that somehow your sound drivers got corrupted.

Try a system restore to a time when the speakers were still working. For a system restore press Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
Then click restore my computer to an earlier time and select a date/time in bold.

Does that fix it?

Anurag90

Anurag90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ya it worked thanks a lot. i had installed firefox yesterday. could that have done anything to the speaker system? once again thanks.

Anurag

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Cool, :whistling: , happy to have been of service. Re firefox - no it shouldn't have done - but then...

Try Firefox again and see if the problem replicates, but I haven't heard of Firefox doing things to sound drivers. And IMHO it is way superior to IE for most things.

Digikiwi