Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Tweak UI Issue On New Machine

• Please log in to reply

Cap

Cap

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I recently purchased another laptop and was in the usual process of fine tuning it.

After loading the latest Tweak UI from Microsoft's site and installing it, when I start the program and click on "ABOUT" there's only one sub-folder; "TIPS". There's no usual "POLICIES" folder below it.

Used this program dozen of times on previous machines and never ran into this.

Windows XP SP2 (all updates as of today).

Any suggestions or advice?

Edited by Cap, 07 July 2006 - 02:07 PM.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried downloading it again and reinstalling it?

Cap

Cap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes.

I also ran
START
RUN
MMC
clicked ADD/REMOVE SNAP IN
clicked ADD
tried to add GROUP POLICY but that wasn't there either. Seems all adjustable POLICIES aren't there.

Strange. Very strange. Hope someone has a clue or I'm dealing with another Microsoft ghost. (sigh)

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Yes very strange indeed. Have you ran your antivirus\antispyware? If so what did it fine? What security software do you run?
I would strongly recommend you run a HJT log and post a log in the Malware Removal Section of the forum. If you have malware infecting your system the HJT Team will more than likely detect it.
If you decide to post a HJT do not edit your HJT log yourself. You very well could corrupt your system to the point that you have to reinstall your operating system. The HJT Team are highly trained. DO NOT take advise from anyone but a HJT Team member.
Once posted, be patient. They have a very heavy load and will proccess your log as soon as possible. Just like your log is unquie the recommendation they provide you will also be unquie and designed just for your computer.

Good luck, and remember be patient.