Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CANT LOAD WIN TO NEW HDD. PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply

DANBRU

DANBRU

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
HERE'S THE DEAL..... BUILT NEW COMPUTER. ASUS A8N SLI DELUX MOTHERBOARD. WESTERN DIGITAL 74GB RAPTOR SATA HDD. AMD ATHLON 3800+ CPU. PIONEER DVD/CD, GEFORCE 7300 GS PCI-E. CONFIGURED BIOS TO BOOT CD FIRST TO INSTALL NEW OS ON NEW HDD. WENT WELL. PARTITIONED AND FORMATTED FOR THE INSTALL, LOADED SOME FILES, THEN IT RE-BOOTED, AND WHEN IT GOT BACK TO DOS IT SAID "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM" THEN I HAVE TO RE-BOOT IF I WANT TO CLEAR THAT SCREEN. IT WONT LET ME DO ANYTHING ELSE. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Edited by DANBRU, 07 July 2006 - 03:46 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi DANBRU...

Did you install the SATA Controller driver? There should be instructions on how to do this in the manual the came with your motherboard...the drivers will be on the cd for your board.

wannabe1

DANBRU

DANBRU

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Hi DANBRU...

Did you install the SATA Controller driver? There should be instructions on how to do this in the manual the came with your motherboard...the drivers will be on the cd for your board.

wannabe1

HEY MAN THANKS FOR RESPONDING! NO DIDNT INSTALL SATA DRIVERS CAUSE THE BOOK SAYS TO LOAD THAT DISK AFTER I INSTALL MY OS. I ALMOST DID THAT LAST NIGHT. SO SHOULD I BOOT UP WITH THAT DISK THAT CAME WITH THE MB AND INSTALL SATA DRIVER? :whistling:

DANBRU

DANBRU

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
NO, DIDNT INSTALL DRIVER CAUSE BOOK SAID TO DO THAT AFTER I INSTALL OS. SHOULD I BOOT UP WITH THE DRIVER CD FIRST AND INSTALL EM, THE TRY WIN AGAIN?

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
hey DANBRU can you take capslock off plz..... its considered as shouting and its harder to read. thanks

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Some motherboard software provides a way to make a floppy to accomplich this...others allow you to use the cd, so it really depends on the software you have. When you first start the installation, there will be a message on the bottom of the screen to press F6 to install any special drivers your machine will require...this is your opportunity to install the SATA controller.

Look in section 5 of your manual (at least that's where it is in the downloadable manual)...it will take you through installing the drivers for Serial ATA and Raid drives.

DANBRU

DANBRU

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks wannabe1, I did see that F6 option. ill try it.