Hello all, I am haveing a custom built pc made. The guy putting it togather has ordered and recieved all the parts. He has everything togather. He ran into a problem though. I have 2x 1gig ramchips that i want in this pc, So he put them in and tried to turn it on. It wouldnt not boot up correctly. So he took them out and put in a standered 256mb ram stick and it worked. Im guessing one of the 1gig sticks is bad. I told him to try them one at a time to see if one of them would work. He has not tried that yet, But will soon. A compatibilitys problem is not the issue. the pc supports up to 4 gigs, And everything is compatible. Could it be what i was thinking? just a bad ram stick. Or something else. Any ideas are appreciated.
Here are the system specs, Although they are not too specific.
1. A true Intel 900 series board (reliable gaming board)
2. Genuine pentium 4, 3gig pinless processor
3. 2x 1gig ram chips
4. 250gig serial ATA hard drive
5. cdrw/dvdrw combo drive
6. 256mb pci express video card with ATI chipset
7. Soundblaster Audigy 2 Zs 7.1 channel soundcard
8. Windows XP
9. Office 2003
10. Antivirus and other software.
11. Wireless keyboard and mouse