Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General Game Problems?

• Please log in to reply

reiphil

reiphil

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Two problems:

When starting some games my monitor will switch into an 'Unknown Mode' and go to sleep. Which I have no clue what it is doing because the games used to work before (i recently reinstalled them). For example running System Shock 2, it enters into an unknown mode. Freedom Force is running into an unknown mode. It seems that the unknown mode problem may result from an incompatibility with older games and my video card (a geforce 4 6600), but Gunbound is running into an unknown mode!

When running games such as F.E.A.R, Oblivion, or Call of Duty 2, I will eventually run into glitches. I think the glitches are due to the lighting of the game, but it progressively gets worse, eventually making the game nearly unplayable after 10-20 minutes. Here is a link to a screen shot of the problem http://philip.littlepod.net/ss.jpg

any help?

Advertisements

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I looked at your picture and that is exactly how my screen looked after my video card went bad. So that might be part of your problem. Do you have the most current drivers? Alot of the video cards out there have custom options specifically for some of these new games IE: Oblivion, FEAR, COD, Quake 4, so that they run better and look cleaner.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Graphic artifacts could be your computer overheating. Do you have any idea how hot it is in your computer (ie do you have a thermal reader?) and how many fans does your case have (if you could link what case you have that'd be even better)?

Also, what are your full system specs? (Processor, RAM, video card, etc.)

kazakami

kazakami

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[email protected][indent=1]can anyone help me with a problem? every tim i click play live it says, cant download tha following file
pleas try again later :whistling:
pleas :blink: