Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC not reading monitor?

• Please log in to reply

blues_bogan

blues_bogan

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I'm a noob at computer hardware so i will try explain it as good as i can.

Earlier today whilst browseing the net my computer suddenly shutdown for no reason at all. I then tried to turn it back on and the computer started fine however the monitor wasnt turning on. It would keep beeping once every 5 seconds or so (the computer that is). Anyway after much fiddling and unplugging other hardware etc i couldnt find the problem.

Every now and then the screen does turn on and i can get into everything but then it will shutdown again after a while. So it may die again any secong :whistling:

Please help if you can :blink:

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
what type of bios are you using? do you have your motherboard manual?

beep codes will tell you what is wrong with your pc. it could be a bad ram stick or something more.

have you cheaked that the video card is seated correctly and all power cords are connected?

also
what temps does your pc run at? sometimes random shutdowns can be a cuase of an overheating component such as the CPU or the GPU.

can you please provide us with yoor system specs?

troppo

blues_bogan

blues_bogan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I think it was the cpu, i just made sure it was connected properly and it seems to have worked :whistling:

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
glad to hear :blink:

troppo :whistling: