Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware SE

• Please log in to reply

Sacalfee

Sacalfee

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm helping my boyfreind put some malware programs on his computer, and last night I just downloaded Ad-Aware SE. The problem is that after running the program there were 41 critical objects found. We decided to delete them all, but for some reason the program froze. The second time we ran it I read a bit more detail on first runs and Ad-Aware recommends quaranteening all critical objects before hand and to NOT delete everything. My boyfreind just wanted the malware junk out and so tried to delete everything again. Ad-Aware froze once more.

There were 41 critical obj. We did look at several descriptions and didn't understand what was what. How can you tell if something is something you should keep? It's so confusing!

Help

:whistling:

Advertisements