Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless Router not responding

• Please log in to reply

lost_in_cyberspace

lost_in_cyberspace

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hope someone can help me with this or I may need to go get a new router....hopefully not! I came in this morning and found I could not connect to the internet. I was getting a message that a network cable was unplugged. My connection is DSL and I have a Westell modem. I noticed the router was not blinking as usual and only had the power and diag lights lit up. I unplugged the ethernet from the router and plugged it directly to the computer and was able to connect. I then unplugged and powered down everything and started turning everything back on to try and reset, but this not work either. I did it in this order: powered down computer, then router, then dsl modem and let sit for a couple of minutes. Then I turned on power to dsl modem and waited until it set; then powered-up the router (still no lights on but power and diag), then turned computer back on. Still can't connect through router, but can through DSL modem. Thanks for anyones help!

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi lost_in_cyberspace,

did it in this order: powered down computer, then router, then dsl modem and let sit for a couple of minutes. Then I turned on power to dsl modem and waited until it set; then powered-up the router (still no lights on but power and diag), then turned computer back on.

Perfect :whistling:

I was getting a message that a network cable was unplugged.

But you're using Wireless, right? Do you have a spare Ethernet cable? If so, try plugging yourself directly into the router (with the router still connected to the modem), and see if there's any change.

Also, connect via your Wireless; once you receive the 'Cable unplugged' message, please goto Start --> Run --> type CMD and press OK --> then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing the Enter key, and then posting on this forum. Alternately, you can save your information to a text file by using the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL > C:\ipconfig.txt -- navigate to that text file, and copy/paste the information from it.

Please goto Start --> Run --> type EVENTVWR and press OK --> Now, look under the System log for any errors and/or warnings. If you find any, please post the relevant heading, along with the details inside by double clicking on the error/warning, and then copy/pasting the information from within.