Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netmeeting problems

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Im trying to netmeet with my sister in my country, using windows netmeeting. But when we netmeet i see her name in the netmeeting window but we cannot chat. i gave her my correct ip address and we still cant chat. the reason i want to netmeet is so i can take control over her pc and install some software for her. it wont let use use the "allow control" or "share desktop" option. It wont allow us any of the sharing capabilites. She calls me through it fine. it even says "incomming call". i accept her call, and see both of our name s in the netmeeting window. but i still cant chat with her. the chat says "not in call" or "inactive chat". so what the heck is going on? we can accept calls but not chat or allow control!

i have high speed interent using ethernet cable on the back of my pc. the external modem also connects the phone line on my wall.

Advertisements