Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Problems

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
im able to play the game flawless with out errors and such, but when i start the game, and also playing the game, the window bar keeps flashing up.. how do i get rid of that?

Edited by silencer.dot, 08 July 2006 - 06:58 PM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Do you have any applications running in the background?

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
If you pressed the windows key or have a program running it might cause it to flash like that. Try having the toolbar in the bottom right have no running programs in it that might make a differance and then try again.

mxdz

mxdz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
ALT- TAB Twice ?? ( or if you have a background thing witch is a very bad idead when running oblivion ....- as for tabbing tss - well more thant two times i guess...depends how many application windows ya got running )

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Something came to me, on the right hand side of the taskbar are where the open applications icons go. Sometimes those constantly update themselves (like I have a memory monitor thingy). Any of those running?

MX - alt tabbing would only switch him from Oblivion to another open program, but that wouldn't help his flickering taskbar problem.

If any other programs are open when you play, try closing them and then playing.

mxdz

mxdz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Well actually Alt- Tab is supposed to actualise the used programs so since hes playing oblivion , it would put him in fullscreen again but on the first layer of whatever hes doing .

If the problem persists Silencer.dot I suggest you download HideWin freeware here, so you can hide everything that is running on windows ( maybe its an Adware see this thread ) Hope you get rid of this ,

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Two things. mxdz, the problem is that his taskbar is flickering over the game. To my understanding it's not closing out his program. And two, if we can prevent the installation of more stuff, that would be best.

Edited by BlackPandemic, 18 July 2006 - 06:14 PM.

mxdz

mxdz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Two things. mxdz, the problem is that his taskbar is flickering over the game. And two, if we can prevent the installation of more stuff, that would be best.

True ... Maybe try changing your resolution or simply your task bar style...? do you have a Desktop theme ? they use to fliker on Videos or Fullscreen applications as i know :whistling: