Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Burning A Dvd With Subtitles In Nerovission Express 3!

• Please log in to reply

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello everyone. I'm pretty new at burning and I use NeroVission Express 3 with the making of my DVD's. Currently I have been trying to burn anime episodes with english subtitiles onto a DVD but everytime I watch it, the english subtitles are cut off. I have changed the aspect ratio in NeroVision Express 3 to 4:3 (they are also cut off), to automatic (also cut off) and 16:9 (picture is to small). When trying to burn it automatic, the project summary is:

Sample format: Automatic
Audio format: Automatic
Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)

Number of titles: 1
1. Naruto - 002 (Video Title, 0h 23m 19s)
Video mode: NTSC
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Quality: Standard play (5073 kbps)
Resolution: 704 x 480 (D1)
Audio SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %
Video SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %

Is there somehow to make the picture smaller so the english subtitles fit in but the overall picture fits the whole screen? Any help is greatly appreciated. I will try anything to make this thing work

Advertisements

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I did some research and found out that if you put a black border around the episodes, then the black border will shrink instead of the subtitles. Does anyone have a tutorial on how exactly to do this? :whistling: :blink:

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
You can easily do it using "overlay"a feature (I use video studio) that allows a second resizable video to be superimposed on original video.
If original is not specified then background will be black,you can then resize your overlay video to allow for subtitles to be seen.
I tested this and it works like a charm :whistling:

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks for the post HaraldR!! I really appreciate it. I downloaded a free trial of Ulead Video Studio 10.0 Plus and I believe you go to Video Studio Editor to Overlay. When I go there, I import the clips and click the Overlay tab but then I have no clue what to do. Could you perhaps help me step by step on how to overlay using this program? Thanks

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
In studio editor,select time view,second button next to film strip.
Drag film file not to main or upper strip (one film reel) leave this empty field.But to overlay strip(Two film reels),cick on file in this field.
You will notice that your film clip is re-sizable with yellow anchor points,adjust it large as possible,so that it allows for sub title,in final view.
I'm guessing you have a fair idea how much smaller you need to make border,your old disc should help you to determine how much smaller you need to go.
Return to edit field,anchor points disappear,
Once you are satisfied you can click Share,and either create video file if you want to save the new file seperately and then use Nero to burn disk or create disc and burn directly in Video studio.

Cheers

Edited by HaraldR, 16 July 2006 - 10:44 PM.

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thank you so much!! It works great!! My trial will end soon for Video Studio soon :whistling: I have 2 questions. Why when you are transferring the video does it take so long and did you buy the actual program of Video Studeo or did you burn it somewhere? Thanks

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
The DVD conversion process is about 1hr for every 45 min of video regardless whether you use .avi or mpeg 2.
My old pc used to be twice as long up to 5 hrs.(AMD1800xp Igb ram)
I burn no more than 1hr 30 per 4.7 gb to keep video quality high.
Over the years I have purchased Video studio 6,7 then 8 and now 10 because I like the program its ease of use and the speed at which it works.I also have Ulead Movie Factory3 but don't like it at all
Most of the time I burn using Roxio EasyMediaCreator 7 again being a long time roxio user I find it does the job.

NEEDHELPWITHPC

NEEDHELPWITHPC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok, thanks once again HaraldR :whistling: