Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help Upgrading

• Please log in to reply

Neo_RiP

Neo_RiP

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi im not to sure weather to upgrade my comp or sell it and get a new one, but heres my specs!!

CPU:Intel Pentium4 2.4Ghz
Motherboard:ASUS P4S800-MX
Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP 8x
HDD:80Gb
Memory:512MB DDR SDR RAM
DVD/RW Drive

I realise i need more memory so im gona upgrade to 1GB RAM, but i dont know what graphics card to upgrade to as i have a limited budget of about $200.

I strictly use my computer for Games and watching Movies, Thanks!!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Your computer is getting old enough to start thinking about building a new one if time and money permits. The gig of ram would be good, and i would pick one of these two video cards but that would be all i would spend on the computer. The new motherboards are using DDR2 memory and PCI-E video cards so most of your hardware in the computer would not be useable in a new build.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102002

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814150163

SRX660

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Ouch with the limited budget and the lack of backwards capabilities in your hardware start saving for something new and shiny.