Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-hack Programs?

• Please log in to reply

Jzrith

Jzrith

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Some hacker dude is threatening to hack me. Can I install something that will help prevent that? Thanks.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Hi jzrith, welcome to geekstogo.

Do you have a firewall installed. That would be the first line of defense.

Here are 2 free ones available for personal use:It is also important to have a good antivirus (these are also free for personal use):.

If you don't already have one of each, please install one.

Also, where is he making the threat to hack you? If he's a member of another forum you visit, you should let an administrator know about this so that they can ban his account. If it is on an IRC network, you should go to the networks help channel and talk to an IRCop.

-Ryan

btw, what part of CT? I'm down in New Haven county.

Jzrith

Jzrith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Oakville.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I just want to say that ZoneAlarm is my personal favorite firewall... It will serve you well :whistling:

Chill-Gamer

Chill-Gamer

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi, I use "Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0" and some hackers try to get in my notebook on lan party's.
but they couldn't get in my pc. cause Kaspersky says when somebody is trying to get in your pc.

you can download a 30 day trial download @ http://www.kaspersky...apter=146481750

PM me if you like the program. and I'll tell you something else u need to know.

p.s. there is also another version of Kaspersky called: Kaspersky Anti Hacker.
never used it. but maybe u can try it out: http://www.kaspersky...apter=146482218

talk to ya later :whistling: