Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accounts on PC

• Please log in to reply

Gotham

Gotham

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
I have a computer that is running XP. Every time I start up I need to log into my account, the problem is I am the only one that uses this computer. Is there anyway that I can set it so that I don’t need to log in, and all of the files are accessible when I turn on the computer? Or is this just and XP security feature? Thanks! :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you didn't set a password, run Microsoft Update to see if it offers a service pack for .net framework

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try this.

Go to start/run
type in control userpasswords2
uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
click apply then OK

The next time you boot up you should not see the password window.
NOTE: this will not work if you have set a administrator password to the computer.
You can change the admin password to a blank there so you don't get the password window

SRX660

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Go to control panel>user accounts>change an account>click your account name> set a password >leave all the boxes empty and click next.

I hope this is what your problem is about.

Sorry for any incorrect instructions, I am currently running a dutch version of windows xp so I tried to do my best on translating the instructions to english.

Edited by emery, 09 July 2006 - 06:57 AM.

Gotham

Gotham

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
thanks guys! that did it! :whistling:

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Glad it worked out for you. :whistling: