Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of warcraft help!

• Please log in to reply

beav3r

beav3r

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I can't logg logg into WOW, i try to logg in but it just stays on a screen saying "connecting"....You w8, and w8.....and nufin.......Can some1 help plz?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I trust you have an active account? Have you tried searching Blizzard Entertainment's support on WOW for any help? They might have a support document with your issue.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Does this help? http://www.blizzard....ow/?id=aww0827p

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Is this your first time connecting? Or has this problem just started?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
What type of internet connection do you have?

beav3r

beav3r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yes my first time connecting and i have broadband so

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Do you have any anti-virus programs that could possibly be firewalling you, rendering you unable to connect? Also, are you sure that your account is up and running like it should be?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Are you behind a router?

beav3r

beav3r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
yea

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
In that case your issue is simple. Your router is blocking the ports you need to have open. See this link for more details, and if you have any questions, ask us. http://www.blizzard....ow/?id=aww0790p

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The router isn't definantly the problem, but beav try that link and report back.

beav3r

beav3r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have tryed the link and evrything they say to do.......but...nothing....Is it possible is could be my internet?......

Because i recently have downloaded mazzilla firefox, because it's much better than IE ...it protects your computer alot more...If it has got something to do with that then how can i turn it off?

Thx, beav3r.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I have Firefox and WoW and they work fine. Firefox is just a browser, just a better "version" of IE. It wouldn't have an effect on how you connect to the internet.

Do you have any programs running in the background? And how long do you wait before you give up (and stop trying to connect)?

beav3r

beav3r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I wait about a min.......But people with similar problems w8 about 8 hrs........

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Well if your only waiting a minute, there's not guarentee that you're not just being impatient. Let it run for about 15-30 minutes max and if nothing happens then it's an internet problem.

Report back after waiting.