Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Does Webroot have parental controls?

• Please log in to reply

philandvicki

philandvicki

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, a friend installed webroot on my computer a while back, and I have a feeling that there are parental controls in place, however I have no way of asking my friend how to undo this is he is out of the country for a few weeks. Could someone please tell me how to find out if indeed there are parental controls in place, and if so, how do I go about removing them? Thanks! Vicki

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
hi Vicki. Which webroot product did your friend install? And what leads you to believe there are parental controls on your computer now?

philandvicki

philandvicki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not entirely sure, as I'm not well up on computers, but it says Webroot Software Inc, then sspsetup1. I know I also have a Webroot Spy Sweeper shortcut icon, so don't know if this is the same thing, as they have seperate shortcut icons on my desktop. I also have norton systemworks 2005 anti virus installed. The reason I think parental controls are in place is because one particular website address will not come on our computer. The strange thing is, the web address comes up for other friends on their computers. Is it possible that access to one particular website is blocked, and if so how can I undo it?