Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ewido Question

• Please log in to reply

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hello, I want to see how good Ewido really is, becuase everyone says it's great, and my question is on compatibility... I currently run AVG Pro and SpySweeper. I am considering downloading Ewido AntiSpyware... It says Ewido is compatible with there programs, but is it not hazardous to run two types of protection at once? :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
traditional av programs do not like to work with another program. They fight amongst themselves. If your running spysweeper then you don't need ewido. Ewido is a very good program. I have run it side by side with norton antivirus with no problems.

Since you are a member of geek U, then you should look through the highjackthis logs and see that we recomend running the free version of ewido on a routine basis. It does a very good job of removing malware.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,989 posts
ok thanks :whistling: