Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

disconnections and lag spikes

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have this problem that i cant solve. ive been trying almost every single brand of wireless adapters (microsoft, d-link, linksys, netgear, and hawking) but most of them either gives me lag spikes or i get disconnected the 2 adapters i have right now are wireless mn-710 which is super fast and doesnt give me lag spikes but...it disconnects me if i try to download something or just out of random disconnections. the next is a hawking hwu540m adapter. i dont get any disconnections but i get lag spikes like every so often (while im playing games or just surfing the net). my router is a dell truemobile 2300 wireless broadband router. if you can please help me on my problem and how i would be able to solve it.

both adapters are usb based

distance between my router and wireless receivers im guessing would be around 100-150 feet.

there is one wall that is between both router and the wireless adapters.

no there isn't any other electronic devices between the router and wireless receivers.

ive always been thinking could the problem be with my settings?

Edited by intense, 10 July 2006 - 04:20 PM.