Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everquest Progression Review

• Please log in to reply

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Greetings All!,

Now that the Everquest I (EQ-PC) new progression servers have been live for a few weeks, I thought it would be great to post a little review.

The progression server is a new everquest server that starts all players at the very basic Everquest. There are no expansions, and the players have to "progress" through the game to unlock the expansions. This is done by defeating high end raid mobs. To prevent the content from unlocking too quickly, SoE has put in time restrictions.

The launch day went really smooth, I think it was better than everyone expected. As far as I know, neither server crashed throughout the whole night. While there were login queues for some people, I never experienced them.

The first week was rather hard to level, as the newbie zones had anywhere between 100-500 people in them at any one time. It was great to see 50 people flock at one mob and attack it. Of course, there were the power gamers who were level 15 by the end of the night, and now are already level 50 (current end game for this expansion)

Now that the game has spread out, it is a blast to play. There are people from all level ranges working towards end game. The server was everything that I expected, and after a 4 year break from EQ, it is good to be back.

Two thumbs up to SoE for a great launch, and a great idea.

You can find me on The Sleeper server, as Klex.

Please feel free to add you comments/questions about the progression server.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you say expansions, do you mean eq2? Sounds like the progression servers are setup for new players to the game, not ones that have been playing forever.

Ellura

Ellura

• Pip
  • 5 posts
In response to Starjax:

The Progression servers are for EQ I players and are set up more for those who have played "forever" and miss the original game structure. I am one of them, having played for over 6 years, and look at the Progression server a little for the sake of nostalgia :whistling:

It is also nice for new players who will have an opportunity to see what all the fun was about when we only had the original game...and as we "progressed" through the other expansion.

Thanks and happy gaming!