Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Short laptop battery shell life

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi guyz.

I bought a Twinhead 12DL laptop earlier this year. Everything was great for the first few months. But lately, I noticed that my laptop often runs out of battery. I'm using 3800 LIon battery. What baffles me is that I usually charge my laptop until the battery power is 100%. The power meter on the taskbar shows that the battery can last over 2 hours but by the first hour, I receive a 'Low battery' warning with only 4% power remaining.

Is my battery worn out? If it is, what can I do the recover the battery performance? Is overcharging one of the cause?
I've read some articles about maximising battery power and I've pretty much did what they told me to, like adjusting the screen brightness, turning off WiFi and editing the Power Option settings. I also read that users should clean their battery, some say with alcohol solution. Is this advisable? Will it break my warranty cuz I'm still under 1-year international warranty. Please help me cuz I definitely want to avoid getting a new battery.

Edited by mayacrunk, 10 July 2006 - 05:39 AM.