Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AGP card on Intel 945GNTL

• Please log in to reply

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
hi...dis is my first post...i wld lik to knw if i can fix my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (An AGP card) on my Intel 945GNTL motherboard....if not is there any alternative way?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Knight Wolf. More information is required. What is wrong with your video-card, or what happens when you try to start Windows? How do you know it's a problem with the video-card and what error-messages (if any) are you getting?

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
First, have you tried reseating the card? Remove it and re-install it so that you can rule out a poor connection.

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
im sorrry for not bein clear before...wat i meant is tht m purchasin an intel 945gntl motherboard n i wanna knw if it is compatible with my geforce fx 5200 agp card...n if not then is there an alternative way to do so

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
From what I've read about the Intel 945GNTL, it seems it does not have an AGP port so you would not be able to use your NVIDIA card. To upgrade the graphics you would have to buy a pci-express card, unless my info is wrong: http://www.buypcw.com/945GNTL.htm

Edited by pip22, 10 July 2006 - 11:15 PM.