Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speed up the pc

• Please log in to reply

notmobile

notmobile

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi guys/girls

I have now got my pc running just how it should with a little help from KEITH one of your guys and i would just like to say thanks before we start.

[size=7]Thankyou Keith.[size=5]

I would like to know if it possible to speed up my pc without spending a penny as i have just bought new memory and that has helped i keep my pc clean using ccleaner and disc keeper 10 (im lazy) if you know of any tweaks i can do that is easy enough for a intermediate user i would like some help.

Thanks..

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Have you stopped any programs like instant messengers, etc. from loading at startup?

notmobile

notmobile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
To be honest i dont have a problem with my start up speed i was more looking to improve the internet speed and program opening speed!! I currently use internet explorer via aol (aol has to be open to use I E) is there a way around this. oh and im on 8meg broadband although it only runs between 4 and 6 meg dependent on site.

Thanks. Tony