Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook XP / Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

SBS_Runner

SBS_Runner

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,
Last problem i had you guys were an incredible help so lets hope it works again:

Here the issue: I have several machines running outlook xp(2002) / Outlook 2000 / and Outlook 2003. As of friday when any ( except my pc with win2k pro and XP outlook and all 2003 pc's ) of my clients access our master calendar their outlook crashes. Teh calendar appears but shows no appointment details just blue bars showing the time accounted for by the appointment. When you try to interface with the calendar if hangs and outlook displays an "operation failed" popup that you can click 1000 times but never goeas away then outlook crashes and has to be end tasked or the outlook has performed an error thing comes up and outlook restarts. After this it promptly reopens.
All is fine with everyother aspect of outlook. For some reason my machine is unaffected. Their are no errors other than an application hang in the event logs and my SBS 2003 Server w/ exchange also registers no errors.

The master calendar works fine for those who can use/see it. Add appointments and access others calendars work. Unfortunatlly our organizations uses this very frequently and it needs to work but i cant get anywhere with it.

I have tried creating new profiles and they do the same thing. Oh and the "send error to microsoft" box usally appears but never completes.

I have also tried to make my outlook fail:
rebooted pc / intentionally crashed my outlook several times / microsoft updates applied( was hoping this was the problem) / rejoined the domain and reprofiled my outlook but it all still works.

So this leaves me here, currently screwed :whistling:

PLEASE HELP!!

thanks guys.

Advertisements

SBS_Runner

SBS_Runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
UPDATE:

Also i have deleted the master calendar and recreated it. It works for a few tries then the same problem arises. Also i deleted the calendar and made a new one of different name and design and that does exactally the same thing.

Could this be an individual users calendar causing this. The problem i have now iss that no matter what i do on my outlook it all works, but only me and the 2003 clients.

Thanks

Edited by SBS_Runner, 10 July 2006 - 02:11 PM.

SBS_Runner

SBS_Runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I seem to be using your board to answer my own questions, sorry.

Update:
I have narrowed it down to one users calendar. She has been experiencing issues with her meetings/appointments disappearing in her calendar and when i add her to the Master it no longer works but without her every user client works. ( this is characterized by all appointments of users in the master calendar appearing as solid colored blocks who are listed above her, hers is missing most all appointments and those below display normally)

Has anyone heard of this or similar. It only worries me know because i have yet to find an error on any machine including hers and the exchange box. Plus her calendar and the "broken" master calendar still work just fine on my PC alone :whistling:

Any info would be very appreciated, i hope this helps others as well.

Thanks

Edited by SBS_Runner, 10 July 2006 - 03:02 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Either her exchange account is corrupted (distintc possibility) or her local install of office is the issue. Try deleting the exchange account and recreating it. also recreate the account on the local pc (remove all previous accounts on system). Test. If problem recocures then remove office and reinstall

what version of office does this client have?

BTW, I like the troubleshooting steps/notes you provided. It helps a lot in this instance.

SBS_Runner

SBS_Runner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
The client she has is 2003.

Also i tried the following switches with outlook to try and fix the calendar issue:
outlook /cleanreminders
outlook /cleanfreebusy

Both ran fine and her personal calendar on her pc displays properly now. However she still sacks the master calendar when added. The only thing i can still think of is the possibillity that she has a corrupted appointment( she has hundreds setup to!). Those i still have to look through :whistling:

Thanks for the reply and the help!

Either her exchange account is corrupted (distintc possibility) or her local install of office is the issue. Try deleting the exchange account and recreating it. also recreate the account on the local pc (remove all previous accounts on system). Test. If problem recocures then remove office and reinstall

what version of office does this client have?

BTW, I like the troubleshooting steps/notes you provided. It helps a lot in this instance.