Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI Simple Communications Device

• Please log in to reply

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I had to replace my motherboard and HD and now hae aprboelm with PCI simple comms controller - no driver. I have also (tried to) installed cmedia AC97 audio software, but the device cannot start because of a code 10 issue . Can anyone hep with eirther audio issue please

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
not unless you tell us what motherboard you installed......and what modem you have installed

Obviously, as you guessed, you need a driver, but without that information it is simply impossible for us to point you to where you can get a driver.

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have a cable broadband modem, but one of the techs in the office fitted the motherboard so dont know which one - is there somewhere on the PC I can look ?

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Please download Everest home. Scan your computer and save a log. Attach that log in your next post.

Edited by emery, 10 July 2006 - 02:08 PM.

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
as requested

Attached Files

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Thanks for your log.

I will take a look at it tomorrow. It's time for bed here.

Thanks for your patience.

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
thanks mate, all help very much appreciated

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
get the audio driver from here

http://tw.giga-byte....?ProductID=1734

The modem is a tad bit trickier

You have an Ambient Creatix V.90 HaM Data/Fax/Voice Modem

Intel made the chipset for this modem for the company that does not seem to be around anymore s0 you might try here:

http://developer.int...ort/drivers.htm

BUT, odds are it is generic enough modem so that you shoudl visit Windows Update, and check hardware after doing a search of your machine and MS will have a working driver

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/intel.asp

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i say that assuming you have an active broadband connection on this machine and can visit windows update

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
have downloaded the audio driver, but it hasnt made a difference. When I go into audio devices in control panel, it says I dont have an audio device

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
devmgmt.msc
<enter>

anything with a yellow !

right click, choose uninstall, reboot

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
did that , when it rebooted it found new hardware, c-media audio and reinstalled. It still shows a code 10 error, and the control panel still shows no audio device:angry:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
where did you get cmedia AC97 audio software that you tried to install?

I believe that you installed the wrong driver--perhaps you used the driver from your previous motherboard?

Teesside Tim

Teesside Tim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I think the tech who installed the m/board for me put it on. I did install the one you recommended, but it didn't take effect. Have I created some kind of conflict ? :whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes, I think so...

I want you to uninstall it in device manager again, then reboot into safe mode...then install the driver in safe mode

then reboot into normal mode,

Windows may complain the driver is not for your machine--ignore it...that is because the tech person who installed the driver forced windows to accept the incorrect driver....once Windows gets the wrong idea about what hardware is in it, you get these issues,

you do not have a cmedia chipset