Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAPTOP WILL NT START

• Please log in to reply

MAINT

MAINT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a friend whos laptop will not start. It gives a massage of missing or corrupt system32\drivers\Ntfs.sys. Is there a repair cd out to fix this. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome MAINT <_<

Try a repair installation:
http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=138

MAINT

MAINT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you. Read the post you sugjested looks like what he needs to do. but neither one of us has a boot cd for windows xp. I found a coulpe of web site that tell how to made one, but i am not smart enough to do it. is there some place i can get one. <_<

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Try www.bootdisk.com

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Actually, a WindowsXP setup CD is bootable. Likely your BIOS just isn't configured to boot from a CD. Look to the bottom of the reapir installation guide and there's instructions on changing your boot options.