Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

batch file problem

• Please log in to reply

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
hello i am having a problem with a login script on my laptop that is set to map network drives... somehow the batch file has become associated with notepad.. so whenever i run it it just opens in notepad rather than running and mapping the drives. i checked explorer file associations in folder options and there wasnt one for batch files, and i checked the properties for an "open with" option and that wasnt there either... i was wondering if its in a special location since its a dos command, or if im just missing something here.... any help is very much appreciated :whistling:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
easy way

Go here:
http://www.dougknox.com/

winxp fixes, get the BATCH FILE FIX

download, install

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
thanks! great site, definately one for the bookmarks :whistling:

plazmaz

plazmaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
That site uses .reg files to fix all the file associations. Someone I am trying to help gets this same problem with .reg files too. Is there a .exe fix or does he need to go into the registry and input the values manually?

I thought the creator of that site would know a .reg fix would require a file that isn't a .reg hehe

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
yeah i have noticed that the problem has come back very quickly... actually just realized last friday. even applying the regfix doesnt appear to solve it.