We have two families living here sharing 4 computers:
Desktop A is wired to the main router.
Desktop B is wireless.
Laptop C is wireless.
Laptop D is wireless.
I have run all of the file sharing steps for all four computers, and the following happens:
- Desktop A cannot see any other computer on the workgroup, even under "View workgroup computers."
- No other computer can see Desktop A, even under "View workgroup computers."
- Desktop B, Laptop C, and Laptop D can all see each other under "View workgroup computers."
- When Desktop B tries to access Laptop C or D, an error message appears saying "You do not have permission."
- When Laptop B or C tries to access Desktop B, an error message appears saying, "You do not have permission."
- Laptops B and C have full access to each others' shared folders and files, as planned.
Any and all help with this problem would be appreciated -- the only goal is to share files between all four computers and to share the two printers (there is a printer connected to each Desktop computer).
Edited by professor kirke, 10 July 2006 - 03:53 PM.