Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.VCD

• Please log in to reply

juice88

juice88

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello I'm not very familiar with multi video stuff but I'm having trouble playing a movie they gave me on regular CDR... extension .vcd thru Windows Media Player latest version it says fromat not supported and that I need a codeq. What to do in a simple manner...which codeq program should I get????

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can play VCDs with Windows Media Player, insert the VCD in your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM and browse to the MPEGAV folder and double click on the .dat file and associate it with Media Player and open them with that.
To play a VCD with menus and still pictures use WinDVD or PowerDVD, insert the VCD and just hit Play.
Use a low resolution, like 640x480, on the monitor when watching a VCD to get best quality.

If you have problem playing VCD on your computer try different video player software, in Windows try WinDVD or PowerDVD(software DVD Players but supports VCD). If that does not help extract the video to your HD with Isobuster, read here how to convert a VCD to MPG video.

http://www.videohelp...141726.php#svcd

SRX660