Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

powercolor x850xt

• Please log in to reply

chadalogue

chadalogue

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I bought a powercolor radeon 250mb x850xt in april, but experienced artifacts at temps of 50 celsius. Went ahead and fitted a zalman fan, yet this only reduced temps by a few a degrees, and was only a temporary fix since the card soon went back to graphical anomalies at around the 50 degree mark.
The card is under warranty, although I need to stick the stock fan back on, which I no longer have since I thought that I'd've voided the warranty and would have no need to replace the inappropriate fan.
Is there anywhere I could get my hands on a stock fan for this product?

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
stock fans?, that'd be hard to get. Where did you purchase it? One way you could go through this is to ask for a stock fan from the manufacturer(make something up, hsf got too dusty etc.) then install that on the card and then send it back for another card. Have you made sure that the card is seated properly in the pci-e/agp slot? any dust in the slots? Also what type of thermal compound did you use to install the zalman?

chadalogue

chadalogue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I bought the card from ebuyer in april - i have an rma but have voided the warranty with the zalman.
I thought about getting another card to pinch the fan and return, but they only offer direct replacements, not refunds.
I used the paste that came with the zalman cooler, and the agp slot has been checked for dust.
Used to run a 128mb 9600pro; had more stability (ergo joy) with oblivion! I'm pretty certain now that I was sold a duff card, and I should've sent it straight back before even considering modding!