Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My RAZR V3x Keeps Restarting...

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello,

Whenever I close the phone shut - it just restarts. When I slowly close the phone over it doesnt restart.

Does anyone know what to do about this because it is really starting to anoy me.

Thanks for your help :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can't say this for sure as i'm not a phone tech...but...there might be something loose inside...what happens if you bang the phone on your hand (don't shut it...just...whack the pone one the palm of your hand)...does it restart then?

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
It could just be a loose flex connection, but I'm not sure that would make the phone restart. A loose flex connection would probably just cause the LCD to go blank, not the whole phone to restart.

Just a couple months ago at work, our instructions were changed as far as putting insulator tape on the little transistor thing that controls the open/closing of the phone. I heard that the transistor kind of shorts out if it doesn't have insulator tape. So maybe you just got one that doesn't have the tape. V3s were being manufactured for over a year without that tape, so I'm sure many people will have the same problem.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I just whacked it there on my palm without closing it and it did just restart - the screen went off and the screen came back on white - then it went back to normal...

:whistling: :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
something's loose...gamerlicious's advice sounds good...maybe see if you can see what he's talking about (i have no idea as i don't have a snazzy phone)

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Thing is - this phones a week old today and its a contract phone so I am gona phone up 3 (UK Service Provider) and ask them to fix the phone because I am not accepting it...

Cheers for your help :whistling:

mark.ison

mark.ison

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
To be honest if 3 will take the phone back then i would look at what else they have to offer you. Although the V3 range is the most popular phone of all time i dont know anyone that hasnt encountered multiple problems with them. You've been lucky that it has happened so early and 3 should be able to replace it. if you anything more than a month in to the contract you would have to send it off to motorola to be fixed leaving you without a phone for who knows how long.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I know plenty who havent had problems, it seems to have alot of problems because there is alot of them ive never seen a phone that popular in a long time, there are some problems with them but alot of people will never see them, mines is the best phone ive ever had and i know like 10 people who have had them for ages in various models without problems.

Its like windows its not as bad as people say but because apparently over a billion people use it pretty much every possible error crops up.

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
The V3 is by far the most problematic phone that I have ever worked on.
Last night at work I opened up a V3 that had a little mushroom growing in it...

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
To Gamerlicious:

I was wondering if you could explain how to fix this myself because 3 haven't replied to my e-mails about getting them to fix it.

Where abouts is this problem?

Last night, I put a bit of tape on a wee small gold connector just above the battery, put the lid back on and flipped it close and it worked. I also tried banging the phone of my hand when its open and it still worked...

Help is appreciated here,

:whistling:

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
why don't you just call up your phone provider company as they don't answer their emails.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Their customer services is located in spam and due to the bombings there, they aint gona be there for security reasons. It would be better if i took it into a shop that fix mobiles and that kinda stuff...

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
that's a good idea. If you can find a store that does small things like that...

I had a clamshell phone about a year ago that needed repairing. The store I bought it from sent the phone back to the manufacturer and a week later they gave me a new phone.

I think it's cheaper for a company to give a new phone than to have someone come and fix it.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Not bad, Im gona give 3 some time to reply to my e-mails, only then will I phone them to complain... :blink:

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Good luck. I hope they will answer...