Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word error messages

• Please log in to reply

James Wiggin

James Wiggin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi- I get the following error message at random points through the day when using Word (2003 on XP Pro) .

Word has lost data due to a bad network connection. Documents relying on this data will be saved and then closed.

It started when I was working on documents saved on a shared server. The server connection would crash (on mymachine only) and the error message would appear. The files were never saved and I lost all changes made to the document since I last successfully saved.

The same error message appears when I work locally. There seems to be no consistency when it occurs or on the file I am writing to. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well it could be a lot of different things. Lets start with something simple. Open up work. Go to help and click on "detect and repair". follow the prompts. once it completes restart your pc and see if the error returns.