Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer to TV

• Please log in to reply

Flugfarfar

Flugfarfar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello, I need help with my GeForce 6600, I am trying to plug it to my TV but it's black and white.

First I had a Geforce 3, and I used a S-Video cable. For some sick reason you had to put it on composite on the computer, because otherwise it was in black and white.

But now I have a GeForce 6600TD and it is too black and white. But if I put this one one composite, first, I get color and then it blinks and the TV gets black and I can't see anything. :whistling:

So, I went to the shop and bought a composite cable because someone said that's why it is like this.

But, the crap is [bleep]ing still like this, if I put it on composite it first gets color, and then nothing.

Please help, because I'm so [bleep] frustrated on this. :blink:

Advertisements

Flugfarfar

Flugfarfar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Now I noticed one more thing, as frustrating as the first one: I can't play movies, not even with B&W! When I play them, I can see the movie on my comuter screen, but not on my TV! Where the movie should be, it's just black!!!

Okay, solved that one. But please, help me with the other thing.

Edit.

lol, I'm makin progress even if nobody helps me.. :whistling:

I have got one old TV and one new TV. On my new TV, I can use the SVHS- lead and I get color. My old TV doesen't support SVHS, that's why you have to put it to "composite" in nView(on my friends and my old card, this works). This means that you don't even have to buy a composite cable, it's enough to just put the signal to "composite" in nView! So, the strange part is that if I put "composite" in my new card, it just blinks to color and then it disappears.

idk if it's because my card is stupid or something else. But at least svhs works.

Edited by Flugfarfar, 11 July 2006 - 12:25 PM.

mark.ison

mark.ison

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
When ever i've heard or experienced this kind of problem i have found it is usually down to the output. is the tv PAL? does it support NTSC? is your pc outputting NTSC or PAL? Looking at the settings on the tv and the vedio out put on the pc and check they match up.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
In Nview I am guessing you are using clone view ?,if so,the video signal to tv is probably NTSC when the TV is PAL or other way round depending on your country.Nview allows for multi PAL versions,(I had to set mine to Pal-B Nth Korea instead of Pal-D our format(no selection) to get colour signal to TV.
On Pal systems Ntsc will show in B/W unless TV has Auto format(Newer models).

In NView Check TV advanced properties and make sure you have selected the correct format for your zone(NTSC,Pal,Secam)

The new TV works (most are multi format capable NTSC,PAL SECAM) and the old TV shows B/W suggests to me that may be fixed format.

The composite TV setting is correct for High Definition TV only.

The composite cable divides video signal for High Definition TV(HDTV) into:
(Pb) the B/W video signal
(Pr) Chrominance) the Colour content
(Y) Luminance) the Intensity or brightness
and requires all three video signals to give a colour display on HDTV only.

The composite adapter or SPLITTER should have a switch(HDTV-TV) to convert Pb/Av to Standard TV output for your old TV.

Flugfarfar

Flugfarfar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I've tried like everything with the PAL and NTSC.

What should I have?

S-Video / PAL?

I live in Sweden.

And for this Pb, Pr, Y things, yeah. I can't connect my S-Video lead straight into my video card, because it doesen't fit there. I haven't got a splitter but with the card I got a HDTV output cable, it looks like this: http://shop.ati.com/...ges/2550138.jpg but my have got a S-Video output too. So I can't really change anything. But, I can either plug a composite cable into the green (Y) or I can use a little converter, so that the S-Video instead becomes composite, like this: http://tekgems.com/i...-VIDEO-unit.jpg
But whatever I plug in, S-Video, composite from Y or composite from S-Video, I get the same result.

Woah! I got it! I plugged the composite cable to Pb, and used Auto- Select! Thx alot! :whistling:

I thought the green was for composite, but it was the blue one. Thanks again Harald. :blink:

Edited by Flugfarfar, 12 July 2006 - 07:52 AM.