Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Norton 2004 removal

• Please log in to reply

jayhawk

jayhawk

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi
I tried to uninstall Norton antivirus 2004 from my pc but i got this message: A Norton Internet Security account access must be logged in to uninstall this product. I don't know any log in info.
Please help. I can't even access the Internet.
I have a dell dimension 2004 with windows xp.
Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are you logged in as an administrator (better yet...THE administrator)? do you know who actually has the administrator account info? (if more than one person uses this computer)

ln_amor

ln_amor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
First, you log on is an administrator. Then, you use Add/Remove Program in Control Panel uninstall it. Dowload Norton Removal Toool:
http://kppfree.altervista.org/
Run it to complete uninstall.
Good luck to you.
:whistling:

jayhawk

jayhawk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

are you logged in as an administrator (better yet...THE administrator)? do you know who actually has the administrator account info? (if more than one person uses this computer)

Well I had to delete the whole folder from the program file and that took care of it.
Thanks a lot