Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security 2006 and Windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

eiretrish

eiretrish

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently purchased Norton Internet Security 2006 and am having a problem with Live Update. After attempting several reinstallations and removal of any firewalls (other than Symantec), I was able yesterday to get the Norton Protection Center to perform properly and validate virus definitions. Yet, when I attempt to run Live Update the LU1814 message appears, stating not internet connection (even though I am online). I ran Symantec autofix, which identified no problems existed, and followed the instructions to check my internet settings (which were correct).

Does anyone have ideas on what to check next? I contacted Symantec about it, only to be told to check your this out with your internet provider (Sprint DSL), which does not seem appropriate. I also have Earthlink as my internet provider (through Sprint DSL), if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trish

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install lusetup.exe

http://www.symantec....iles/lu/lu.html