Setting up my laptop for wireless.....
Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:03 PM
Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:13 PM
What you need to do is what is referred to as 'Power Cycling' your Cable modem. To do this do the following:
- Turn off all computers connected to the router
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the Cable modem and the Router
- Verify the cables are plugged in correctly between the Cable modem and the router and from the router to the hardwired computer.
- Wait at least 5 minutes
- Plug in the power cord into the Cable modem and wait at least one minute for it to initialize
- Plug in the power cord into the Router and again wait at least one minute for it to initialize.
- Power on hardwired computer and see if you can get onto the Internet.
- If the computer can connect to the Internet, then you are all set and can continue below; if you can't, then redo the above steps and check the manual for the router/cable modem and verify all cables are connected correctly.
Edited by Fenor, 11 July 2006 - 10:15 PM.
Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:20 PM
i tried just hooking up the router to the modem, and the original hardwired PC to the router, but got no connection. When I set my router up before and a different location, i was able to get a connection on the laptop through the modem
any ideas? thanks for your help
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users