Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE making me crazy..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

avl

avl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi..hope someone can help. ive done a search and nothing has worked.

long story short...IE wont open any page. i get the ' cannot find server ' and 'cannot display page' messages and its also telling me 'page cannot be displayed off line- do you want to connect.'

ewido found some tracking cookies
spybot found MyWay.MyBar
ad ware found 2 tracking cookies.
spyware guard keeps telling me its preventing spyware from installing.

im posting from a computer about 3 ft away from that one and this one is fine..same network.

i cant download HJT..which is why i posted here...and i cant download Foxfire. i really cant open ANY sites.

any ideas?

thanks!

tony

Advertisements

gwest57

gwest57

• Pip
  • 9 posts
tony, i'm having the same problem. you will probably be directed by a staff member to go to the malware section of this site and follow the steps there. I've just started my process and have been down for 2 weeks only because I have limited access and so my communication is slow. good luck.

avl

avl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks alot! ill post over there..

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Hi, avl :whistling:

Since you posted a thread in the Security Forum, we are closing this one.

Please only follow instructions from Moderators and Staff Members and never post twice for the same issue.

Thanks for understanding.