Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vizio plasma tv

• Please log in to reply

spiderman_jab

spiderman_jab

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i have a vizio p50hdm plasma hd monitor. i noticed some ghost images and i see it has an image cleaner built in. i found it on the menu and just ran it. it is running different shades of white, black, and grey across the screen. it has been running for awhile and i was wondering if it quits when it is done or do i have to do something to turn it off. it does not say in the manual and there tech support is closed. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The monitor will shut off when done cleaning. Takes about an hour. You shouldn't run brightness or contrast above 50 for the first 100 hours or so of break-in. Also, no black bar broadcasts or video games during the break-in period.

spiderman_jab

spiderman_jab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey, thanks for the help. what do you mean by black bar broadcasts?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If you watch 4:3 SDTV on a 16:9 screen, it's letter boxed, or has black bars on the sides. The same can happen on some widescreen broadcasts with black bars on the top and bottom. Either stretch the picture using the wide aspect, or panoramic rather than watching it with the black bars.