Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost 2003 Update!

• Please log in to reply

ln_amor

ln_amor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My OS is Windows XP. My ghost folder only have ghost.msi (no file setup.exe). I successfully installed on my PC through file.msi but I can't install on another PC (Windows XP too). It appears a report : " File .msi must run through setup.exe " when I try to install . I don't know why?
MOD, help me!
Thanks a lot.
Ricky.

Edited by ln_amor, 12 July 2006 - 10:38 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
how did you obtain ghost?

ln_amor

ln_amor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a CD Norton System Work 2005. There is Ghost folder in it. I see Ghost version 2003 update in readme file.
Thanks for your reply.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
insert cd into cd rom drive. if it doesn't autorun then just go to windows exploerer, look on the cd for ncdstart. doubleclick to run program. This will bring up the menu. Just look for ghost and follow the prompts.

ln_amor

ln_amor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your reply.
But I only want to install Norton Ghost and I don't know where is the reason of my problem.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
follow the instructions above, do a custom install and select ghost only.