Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

kaspersky online virus scan...I think i have a virus

• Please log in to reply

jessica D

jessica D

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I was trying to install norton systemworks 2006, but in order to do so, i had to unistall zone alarm, and norton systemworks 2002. Once i did that, i tried installing systemwoks 2006, but i kept getting an error when trying to use live update. It kept telling me there was an error, I have tried reinstalling it many times, and i dont have any protection right now, so i did an online virus scan with karpersky, and this is the log it gave me,
i am not sure what it means, or how i can remove them. if anyone has any idea let me know

thanks

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:11:12 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.83.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 12/07/2006
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 206735
Scan Settings
Scan using the following antivirus database extended
Scan Archives true
Scan Mail Bases true
Scan Target My Computer
C:\
D:\
Scan Statistics
Total number of scanned objects 75503
Number of viruses found 1
Number of infected objects 6 / 0
Number of suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan process 01:06:40

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\3ad391678a806ec4d691e83aaa393b6f_50e417e0-e461-474b-96e2-077b80325612 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012006071220060713\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica Davis\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\gobackio.bin Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\XoftSpy\uninstall.exe/stream/data0002 Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.n skipped
C:\Program Files\XoftSpy\uninstall.exe/stream Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.n skipped
C:\Program Files\XoftSpy\uninstall.exe NSIS: infected - 2 skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{46DE8921-1D39-44D2-A9E9-64119261F211}\RP59\A0026485.exe/stream/data0012 Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.n skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{46DE8921-1D39-44D2-A9E9-64119261F211}\RP59\A0026485.exe/stream Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.n skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{46DE8921-1D39-44D2-A9E9-64119261F211}\RP59\A0026485.exe NSIS: infected - 2 skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{46DE8921-1D39-44D2-A9E9-64119261F211}\RP85\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\fwpktlog.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\H323LOG.TXT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WIADEBUG.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WIASERVC.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
Scan process completed.

if that is hard to read i have the log in an html form in the attachment.

Attached Files

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
objects are skipped because they are open, but that does not mean there are infections.

You do have an old infection in a system restore point, but it is not active. If you wish to clear it, you need to turn off system restore

Right click MY COMPUTE, choose PROPERTIES, choose SYSTEM RESTORE, check TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE...this will CLEAR ALL OLD RESTORE POINTS.

Reboot and turn system restore back on to start making new system restore points.

You also have an antispyware program that was once regarded as "rogue" spyware, called xoftspy

what is the install error with norton??

see note:
http://www.spywarewa...re.htm#xos_note

jessica D

jessica D

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When i install it, it installs everything, but when i try to do a full system scan or try to use live update, i get erros. With the full system scan...i click the button, and nothing happens. tried it like 20 times, nothing happens. Concerning the live update, it gets like 12 updates, but always fails to complete the update concerning the antivirus and protection services. it tells me there are norton files running in the background and cannot complete update untill they are terminated, so i went into msconfig and got rid of all the norton programs running, so there are not currently any processes concerning norton, i dont think anyay.....but it still gives me the same error, and makes me restart my computer, i am infact very displeased with norton, i dont even want to use it anymore, but now im having a bigger problem trying to get zonealarm back, i have a registered version of it, but i unistalled it and cannot figure out how to get another copy. i tried downloading one from zone alarm's website, but it doesnt work, it says
"vsmon.exe--unable to locate component. this application has failed to stare because dll was not found re-installing the application may fix the problem " I have tried reinstalling it like 6 times, i am really screwed..... I just want zone alarm back

any ideas?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
to what, get zonealarm back?

Uninstalling zonealarm is...fun (no really, a pain in the pitoottie (spl))

Following these instructions and then you should be able to reinstall

http://www.nohold.ne...stallNonNT.html

jessica D

jessica D

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks, ill try that out, i just need to go into the registry and manually delete all of the norton files.....i think it will be alright, thanks again for the ideas.