Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Dialing up automatically

• Please log in to reply

Deb227

Deb227

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hello, whenever we go onto our computer in our individually window, the internet automatically dials up. I have run Spybot, Ad-aware SE, Spyblaster, yahoo antispy. They found nothing.. I also used Clean-up and I'm trying to run Housecall but it won't do anything. Help!!!! Please reply with step by step instructions otherwise I'll get lost. THank you in advance for your help.....

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
What do you mean with:
"the internet automatically dials up"?
Are you using a dial-up modem?
What exactly happens?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please, since Internet Dialers are a well known malware, check that first by visiting the malware forum

THEN, if your issue continues, return to this thread

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I've cleaned up everything again and the problem is still here. What next?

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi there, is there any news on my problem???? Thanks

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Just checking in on my problem. Any suggestions???

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Deb, the more you post on your own topic, the more the technicians here at Geeks to Go will ignore it, because they think your problem is being looked at.

So, if I understand correctly, this is one of your dialup connections, that you want on the computer, but it is constantly poping up to connect?

Do you also have a broadband connection, and use that dialup as backup?

I need you to tell me how the internet is setup.

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
When I log on to my window or if my kids log on to their window, just to play a computer game , the computer automatically dials up on its own. It dosen't ask to be dialed it just does i t. I've checked my settings and used all my spy catcher stuff. It finds nothing.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Do you have dialup?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Windows Genuine Advantage Validation updates provided by Windows Update have been known to cause this behaviour as they arrogantly assume that everybody is on broadband.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I couldnt have put that better myself, Neil :whistling: 5 months ago I was still on poor old dialup, I know how it feels!