Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Error 3

• Please log in to reply

Medbourn

Medbourn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok if someone could help I would appreciate it! :help:
My problem started like a few months ago.. Firewall got turned off and then when I went to start it back up it said that I could not access it. (Sorry error was some time ago so I cant fully remember what it said).
Called MS but it was basically a waste of time! THey dont respond very well with call backs to see if it worked.
So after that I installed Windows Live OneCare. Wow firewall started and is working.... but... Still cant access the settings. :whistling:

Current error when I try to start firewall thru services: [Its on Automatic but not started]

Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.

When I try to acess its properties it says:
Configuration Manager: The specified device instance handle does not correspond to a present device.

Anyone have a slieghtest clue on how to fix this? Without a full reinstall please!! :blink:

Thanks in advance!
Medbourn

Please do not include an e-mail address in any post as it could lead to more contact than you intended

Edited by Keith, 17 July 2006 - 01:31 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
here's a big long walkthrough from the MS knowledgebase

http://support.micro....com/kb/892199/

it's a bit tedious, but usually does the trick

I'm not blowing you off, just seems odd to reprint the instructions, so ask if you have questions

Medbourn

Medbourn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ya I tried that, but it did no good. Still wouldnt start the service.

Medbourn

Medbourn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It took a while but I finally figured it out!! :whistling:
Fix for my Firewall/Internet Connection Problem

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts