Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I bought an IBM keyboard, it has physical shorcuts on it (Internet, Shutdown, Track NExt, VOlume COntrol etc.) Most of shortcuts don't work, some of them do random things (open calculator etc.) I think this is because the keyboard wasnt made for Windows Xp. IS ther anyway I can egt these to work. Is there a driver or something?

Thanxxx.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible that you might find drivers on the ibm website if you know the model number of the keyboard...you may also try going to
start > settings > control panel > keyboard and see if there are settings there

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Nothing on the IBM site and Windows XP doesnt have any settings. My model is KB-9930 iam currently looking for a driver on the internet.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
found This on DriverGuide.com i do not have the same keyboard as you so i cannot assure that this will work but it's listed as a driver for xp for that keyboard and the review on driverguide said it did what it was supposed to do