Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express

• Please log in to reply

dcota

dcota

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am new to this..so please be patient!!..Just recently when i open outlook express and hit on one of my e mails that has a link to go to some web page.. when i click on it the computer freezes...Help

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
See if you can uninstall a recent update for Outlook Express. There seems to be a problem with that update.

dcota

dcota

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have not installed any new updates at all for Outlook Express....

i did have on here a second e mail thru the company i was working for and have just deleted their e mail etc...I heard they had problems..could that have effected my outlook??

sorry if u thought i was yelling!

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Misunderstood the original question there....OK, so it was that first link that you clicked that froze? Does it still freeze if you open any other links? I might have to re-open that HijackThis topic if anything...

Do you remember the link?

dcota

dcota

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there..
I would get say a card from hallmark cards from a friend..when i go to click on the link to retrieve my card the computer freezes....i also have from comcast a program called DESKTOP DOCTOR..i can get live help etc..well when i pull up that program and it has a link to click i was freezing.....

I was told to take off enable third party browsers..and restart computer...they did not tell me whether i should re check the box....!!..im a mess..lol...thanks for your patience..

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Re-check that box. Restart your computer or just outlook and see if it works now.