Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XPHOMe password dilemna.

• Please log in to reply

kewal

kewal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
naw the thing is that i used my homecd that i got with my laptop instead of my computer, thinking its the same thing. but then in mid process it hit me that its gonna install the drivers needed for my laptop not me pc.but i coudnt stop and revert the process either. i tried, but it would keep making isert the cd start where it left off.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
again to a complete reinstall using the right CD this time

kewal

kewal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
now for some reason i can get in...
i ran the add hardware wizard and the there was a driver that was disabled. i ran the troubleshooter and it installed the driver and asked me if i wanted to unistall some of the extra drivers that, and i accepted. now i can hear sound in winxp home and stuff. ( i couldnt before)

kewal

kewal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
the problem is that my pc came with xphome pre-installed. and i trying to find a cd that may have come with it, but there is a possiblity that it never did.

kewal

kewal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ill post my email up here if someone here finds a solution to my problem.L
e-mail address removed :whistling:

THank you

You should Never post your e-mail in open forum...you may not get the kind of correspondence you were expecting. In addition, Geeks to go will not contribute OR allow any activity regarding cracks or other circumvention of copyright or other licensing laws. wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 14 July 2006 - 06:46 PM.

kewal

kewal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
all right fine.., sorry

kewal

kewal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok everyone
i am happy to announce that my winxphome and winxp proffesional are both workin perfectly
i got some drivers from intel's website and fixed my professional.
i finally found my original winxphome cd and re-installed it.
it works like a charm now.
THANKS FOR ALL your support