Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is it the hard disk problem?

• Please log in to reply

RainySky

RainySky

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am using a Maxtor 40GB hard disk and recently i meet a weird problem.I can start my PC normally but after i use for 15-30 minutes,my computer will freeze but the mouse pointer still can move anywhere as u like.After that,my computer is totally freeze. The CPU light is also lighted without blinking. Then,i press reset and before i enter Windows, it shows a message: Detecting your primary master[Press f4 to skip].
When i meet this message,i will let me computer to rest for a while.Then,the computer can start normally again.However, the problem recycles again and again.

Do you think that my hard disk has totally spoilt already?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do start > run > chkdsk /f it should ask you to schedule on next reboot...tell it yes and reboot the computer...let this run uninterupted (around 45 minutes) report any errors

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
There could be a heat issue with your computer and/or with the disk drive.

There is some problem, but it is hard to say what, when the system can not detect the disk, yet it works later after letting it "rest", which most likely in cooling and then things work again.

RainySky

RainySky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

do start > run > chkdsk /f it should ask you to schedule on next reboot...tell it yes and reboot the computer...let this run uninterupted (around 45 minutes) report any errors

Well,i follow your instruction but the problem remains unfixed.So,what should i do now?Is it really my hard disk overheating or what?I need your advise.Thank you.